So you Make a Business Facebook Page, and you start a Business Twitter Account, and you're all set up.
Now you want to... Go Viral on Social Media
For that to happen, first you need to build your audience. That's the Page Likes on Facebook, and the Followers on Twitter. Your numbers are rising? Great!
The handy orange links above will take your through to some beginner's guides, so we can get to the good stuff here - the Content.
Because to be really successful on Social Media, to have a million fans and followers, it takes a massive amount of content. Like, bucketloads, regularly dished up to your hungry audience.
It takes so much content to be really heard in this busy online world, that we don't even have enough time on our own Facebook and Twitter accounts to really do it right - we've been too busy doing it for other people!
But the bottom line is, you simply won't succeed in Social Media Marketing for your business if you don't have something interesting to say. So, what's your content strategy?
The Content Marketing Institute suggests you approach your strategy with questions:
- What niche do I want to be known for? Example: Chiropractor.
- What are my customers’ challenges? Example: Back-pain.
- What kind of content do they consume? Example: Articles and videos
- How can I create interesting yet consistent content that will attract new customers and retain old ones? Example: Create a blog on my website showing them how to manage back injury and how to treat back pain (featuring both text and video). Publish weekly.
- When all is said and done, what business results do I want to achieve for all my hard work? Example: More clients and more sales.
- How will I know if this stuff is working? Example: By periodically measuring how many new customers, and how many new sales, I have made since executing my content strategy.
How's your content strategy going in 2014? Leave a comment or get in touch and let us know.